It’a amazing what can be achieved in a short space of time.
As with most restorations the vans always look worse before they can get any better, I suppose it’s part of the course.
As mentioned we decided on a route that is not for the faint hearted and the body was removed.
Since then Jessie has really started to take shape again.
The chassis was rebuilt while off the body, once all chassis sections and a chassis body cut had been grafted together, the chassis was now solid which is something that it hadn’t been in a long time. It was time to put the body back on the chassis.
Now we have a solid base it was time to start putting in the rest of the new panels.
As its an early bay not all the panels are available so body cuts were sourced and used where necessary.
Starting from the tailgate we worked forward so to begin with, we removed the corroded rear corners and replaced with complete rear corners which were body cuts from two separate vans, rear wheel arches, rear wheel tubs, all sills, Front seat mount panels, front arches, A and B, C and D posts along with closing panels up to the front panel.
The box of panels from Alan Schofields is getting less and less
I will keep posting updates as Jessie’s Restoration continues.